You need to answer these questions:
- Can I trust my wind and weather instruments?
- How accurate is accurate enough for me?
- Are my instruments and sensors stable over the long term (1 to 5, 5 to 10, 10 to 20 years of measurement)?
- Will their readings drift and change over time?
- Is my instrument’s accuracy verified?
- What is the minimum required accuracy for my application?
These are tough questions one must ask. You can tell a good quality sensor manufacturer by the amount of data and details they disclose about their sensor performance.